Many people in our world are concerned about the effect of the pollutants surrounding us on our bodies, our hormones, and the environment, and they believe that air pollution surrounding us is the cause of most of the diseases that we suffer from today. It supports and acknowledges that it detoxifies and strengthens the body Weight loss and others are against it and indicates that it has damages and that the benefits mentioned about it are unreal and that it does not help to lose weight.
What is a detox or detoxification diet?
Detox or detoxification diet is a practice that a person carries out with the aim of ridding the body of toxic substances such as heavy metals, pesticides, plastics and industrial chemicals, or to lose weight or increase health in general, and it is a diet of different types, divided into four types :
- Replace foods with liquids
- Cleansing the digestive system through the colon
- Eat only vegetables and fruits
- Stop eating for days
And all of them are done from three days to two weeks, depending on the type.
What are the benefits of detox? Is detox really good for the body?
Many people wonder if detox is really beneficial or is it just a marketing hype!!?
In fact, unfortunately, detox has few and short-term benefits, and it has more disadvantages than benefits, i.e. the detox system is not fully effective or not necessary. The body gets rid of waste and toxins on its own through the kidneys and liver, and there is no need to follow any rituals or any diet to get rid of. of these toxins.
Detox or detox system damage
Many people, when following a detox diet, think that they are cleansing their bodies, removing toxins from them, and increasing their health, but the truth is that they are exposing their bodies to more damage.
Examples of the disadvantages and disadvantages of detox :
- Low sodium in the blood: Drinking a lot of water and fluids more than necessary and the daily limit recommended by detox systems causes hyponatremia in the blood, which in turn leads to enlarged cells, which leads to nausea, vomiting, headache, fatigue, and muscle spasm.
- Dizziness, headache, and diarrhea: These are the most common symptoms of following a detox diet, which puts bad detox on the body and that it causes an imbalance in the body system.
- Nutrient deficiency: The detoxification system is based on deprivation of food or types of it, which causes a deficiency of various nutrients such as protein , carbohydrates, fats , vitamins, and living on detox juices only, which causes a decrease in metabolism and exposure of the body to nutritional deficiencies.
- Sleep problems: When doing the body cleansing diet, you will experience sleep disturbances and insomnia, and this indicates that the body is not in a good condition.
- Anxiety and nervousness: Feeling anxious, nervous and restless is one of the symptoms that those who follow the detox diet suffer from.
- Stress: While following the detox, you are hungry most of the time, so you feel weak and tired continuously, and you get low blood sugar, which is dangerous for diabetes and muscle pain.
- Hair loss and weak nails: The lack of nutrients and vitamins caused by the detox diet leads to loss and weakness of hair and nails.
- Own budget: You will need a budget and a special amount only to buy supplements besides diet and another amount to buy detox foods, which are usually very expensive.
Does detox help lose weight?
If it aims to lose weight through the detox diet or the detox diet, then this is a bad option. When you follow the detox diet, you will eat a very small amount of food, which makes you lose only water and muscle from the body, not fat, and also reduces the process of Your metabolism, that is, at the end, after stopping the diet, your weight will return to the same as before, and you will have a greater susceptibility to obesity due to the slow metabolism. So If you really want to lose weight and fat and improve your health, try changing your bad eating habits or try other balanced and healthy diets.
God created our bodies in a wonderful and strong way, as they can filter toxins and adapt to some of the surrounding factors without the intervention of the human being himself. Therefore, if you are thinking of following detox, think carefully about the size of the damage caused by it, and that your body does not really need this system, and if you only want to follow it to lose weight, then as we mentioned previously there There are many healthy ways through which you can lose weight without affecting the health of your body.