paleo diet, Does this name sound strange to you?
Naturally, the name of this diet may sound strange to you. This diet is based, in a way, on the basis of the foods that people used to eat in the Stone Age in the pre-agricultural era, where people depended on gathering food and hunting, and the physical activity that was required for that.
Of course we won’t ask you to run to collect food, But to come close to the diet of our ancient ancestors, We have to cut back on processed food products.
So look at the shelves of a supermarket to see the huge volume of food products and the many varieties of cheese, milk and processed meat , and despite the great development of the food industry, the nutritional needs of man and his digestive system did not develop to adapt to these products, which contributed to our infection with many diseases.
According to the creators and followers of the Paillo Diet, This diet contributed to reducing their weight and helped reduce food-induced diseases such as diabetes and heart disease by controlling the levels of pressure and blood sugar. Unlike other diets, this diet is not based on restricting calories, reducing carbohydrates, or limiting food portions. It is enough to avoid forbidden foods and stop eating when you feel satisfied.
Foods allowed on the paleo diet
- Fresh and unprocessed meats such as beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, etc
- Fish and seafood of all kinds
- Nuts and seeds and does not include peanuts
- Vegetables such as broccoli, onions, tomatoes and peppers
- Fresh fruits such as fruits, bananas, berries, oranges and strawberries
- Healthy fats, oils and avocados
Foods prohibited on the paleo diet
● Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese and ice cream)
● Cereals and their products (rice, oats, wheat, quinoa and all its products such as bread, pasta, vermicelli, bulgur, wheat and barley)
● Legumes (including beans, lentils, peas, and chickpeas)
● Potatoes and starchy vegetables should only be eaten in moderation for people who are trying to lose weight.
● High fructose corn syrup
● Trans fats
● Processed sugars
● Processed foods
● Refined vegetable oils such as palm oil, sunflower oil, and soybean oil
Drinks allowed on the paleo diet
It is necessary to drink an appropriate amount of water during the application of this diet, and these drinks can be drunk
And after you have finished knowing the foods allowed in the Paleo diet and the foods prohibited in the Paleo diet, we leave you to learn about the keto diet