The feeling of hunger and an open appetite at the time of diet or diet is the worst feeling because it increases the chance of ruining the diet, especially in the first days because the body has not yet adapted to the new system and this feeling increases in people who follow a harsh diet or diet in particular, and this thing is absolutely not healthy. for the body, In general, we have collected for you here the best ways to reduce the feeling of hunger, control appetite, and identify the causes of constant hunger.
The best ways to reduce hunger at the time of dieting
The first step a person must take when trying to lose weight is to reduce the amount of food consumed, but many people after taking this step feel very hungry all the time, so we offer these smart ways to reduce the feeling of hunger during dieting by following these simple methods:
1. Make sure you eat enough protein
Eating protein increases the feeling of fullness, suppresses appetite and burns calories, and it is important to make sure to add it with every meal
It is a protein rich food: eggs, chicken, Tuna.
2. Eat foods rich in fiber
Fiber takes a long time to digest, which increases the feeling of satiety for a long time
Examples of foods rich in fiber: Oats, brown rice , chia seeds.
3. Don’t drink your calories
Eating calories in the form of liquids makes the body feel hungry faster and makes you eat a lot of calories without feeling, so it is preferable to eat your calories instead of drinking them .
4. Drink coffee and tea
Coffee and tea help to feel full, reduce appetite, and are calorie-free. Tea has many delicious types that you can try and enjoy.
As: chamomile, green tea, hibiscus, Lemon tea.
5. Drink water
Drinking water helps to reduce the feeling of hunger and increase the feeling of satiety, especially if it is drunk before meals. Drinking enough water during the day helps balance the hunger hormone, especially since some people’s body translates thirst into hunger or fatigue.
6. Stay away from sugary foods to reduce hunger
Sugars contain a lot of calories, and the intake of sugars increases, such as: Chocolate, sweets, ice cream, or adding sugar with your food or drinks makes you more hungry, craving more, and addictive. Therefore, we recommend replacing sugary foods and sugar with fruits and natural sugars.
7. Doing sports
Exercises help reduce the hunger hormone and reduce the mind’s distraction when feeling emotionally hungry.
8. Adequate sleep in order to eliminate hunger
Getting enough hours of sleep helps to discourage hunger and reduce appetite.
9. Eat protein-packed snacks
As mentioned earlier, protein helps increase satiety, suppresses appetite, and protein-rich snacks such as Greek yogurt or protein bars help fill you up and satisfy your body and brain’s craving for sugar.
10. Eat more vegetables
Vegetables contain a small amount of calories, and they are foods of large size and low calories , and also rich in nutrients. Including them with meals is a smart move to reduce hunger, and starting them first with the meal makes you eat less of other foods.
What is the reason for my constant feeling of hunger?
The causes of hunger differ from one person to another, and sometimes they may be due to health conditions or a defect in the diet, but among the most common reasons for feeling constant hunger are:
- Your sleep pattern is unstable: It is important to make sure that your bedtime and wake up schedule are seven to nine hours a day.
- Eat refined carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates, such as white bread, are low in fiber and high in sugar, which makes you feel hungry shortly after eating them.
- Do not eat enough healthy fats: It is true that healthy fats are high in calories, but they are beneficial and increase the feeling of satiety.
- Do not drink enough water: It is important to drink 2 to 3 liters of water per day to regulate the vital processes in the body and reduce hunger.
- Exercising a lot: Exercising too much and too much is based on feeling hungry due to stress.
- Drinking juices and soft drinks: they contain a lot of sugar and calories and are low in fiber, and this makes you feel constant hunger after drinking these juices and soft drinks.
- Stress and stress: Stress and tension increase the feeling of hunger. Many people suffer from emotional eating, which drives them to eat in large quantities when stressed or feeling tired.
- Taking some medications: Taking some types of medications or supplements can increase the feeling of hunger and the desire to eat.
Low-calorie and restrictive diets lead to a feeling of constant hunger and fatigue, and cause nutrient deficiencies and other serious damages. Therefore, we do not recommend that you start following these types of diets, and if you are trying to lose weight, all you have to do is change your wrong eating habits and exercise regularly. More and this will be enough to lose weight in a healthy way and without harming your body.
You may be interested to know: 10 healthy habits for losing weight and the difference between real hunger and emotional hunger