Saudi evaporated milk, what are the food ingredients in it? Saudia evaporated milk is made from dried and skimmed cow’s milk powder. Where water, milk fat, and soy lecithin emulsion were added to it to help mix the milk fat with water to give a homogeneous texture.
Then, stabilizers (carrageenan), antioxidants, and finally vitamin D were added.
Below we will learn about the most important calories of this milk, and its detailed nutritional values.
Calories in evaporated milk Saudi Arabia
Saudia evaporated milk contains 47 calories in 35 ml of evaporated milk , which is enough to make a cup of tea and milk
We also note that the percentage of fat is high, which is about 57.4% of the total calories. Note that the source of fat is cow’s milk. Any natural source and the percentage of carbohydrates is 25.5%. and the proportion of protein 17%, It is suitable for low-carb and low-protein diets.
It is one of the liquids and foods that are low in sodium and do not contain any saturated fats. But it contains 5% of the daily requirement of cholesterol
Calories in grams are distributed between carbohydrates 3 gm, and 2 g protein, and 3 g fat, and saturated fat 1.8 g, and there is cholesterol 15 mg, sodium 15 mg, and sugar 3 g.
The product also contains vitamin D in the amount of 15 units. and calcium by 33 units.
Important information about evaporated milk
Evaporated milk is considered fresh. The milk is homogenized after 60% of the water has been removed from the milk and the product has been cooled, processed, packaged, and sterilize it. It is commercially sterilized at 240-245 F (115-118 C) for 15 minutes. It changes slightly to resemble caramel due to the high temperature process. Its color is slightly darker than the color of fresh milk. The evaporation process concentrates the nutritional value and energy of the milk. So that if we bring fresh milk and evaporated milk with the same weight, condensed milk will contain more food energy than fresh milk.
The difference between powdered milk and fresh milk is that the heating process of powdered milk leads to the loss of some vitamins and minerals that are added later. While fresh milk is treated at high heat for a short time (pasteurized milk or UHT milk), it loses fewer nutrients.
Saudi evaporated milk ingredients
- Powdered skimmed milk (cow’s milk)
- Milk fat (bovine)
- Soy Lecithin E322
- Stabilizer E407 (carrageenan)
- E339i Monosodium Phosphate (Antioxidant)
- E339 ii disodium phosphate (antioxidant)
- 15 IU vitamin D
Notes on Saudi Arabia’s evaporated milk
- Evaporated milk made from powdered cow’s milk, Gives tea and coffee a rich and creamy taste
Notes on Saudi evaporated milk
- Saudi Arabia evaporated milk is not suitable for those with milk allergy or soy allergy.
- It does not contain any added sugars.
- Shake well before opening.
- Store between 5°C and 25°C.
- Refrigerated after opening, It is consumed within 3 days.
- Saudia Evaporated Milk was produced in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by the Saudi Dairy and Foodstuff Company (SADAFCO).
Other types of evaporated and condensed milk
- Puck Milk Concentrate
- Almarai milk is evaporated
- Al Khair Milk is evaporated
- Luna sweetened milk
- Luna Milk Concentrate
- Nestlé Squeeze Chocolate Milk