In this article, we will learn about the nutritional value of avocado, along with mentioning its benefits. And how does it help you lose weight? And how to prepare it in a healthy way that helps to lose weight and other topics of interest to you, Follow us here on IM Dieter
Nutritional value of avocado and its benefits
The avocado fruit, which has a soft, creamy texture, is made up of healthy fats, which are monounsaturated fats, which is the highest fat content in most other fruits. While most fruits are mainly composed of carbohydrates, Avocados vary in color, size, and shape
Avocado is considered one of the fruits with a high and unique nutritional value because it contains a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Such as B vitamins, vitamin K, potassium, copper, vitamin E, and vitamin C
Studies have proven the effectiveness of avocados in losing excess weight, as it gives a sense of satiety, and this will help to lose weight in a healthy way. Research has linked eating avocados to various health benefits. Such as reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease
A serving of 1/6 of a medium-sized avocado provides about 5g of fat. And 45 calories, and avocado provides about 20 types of different vitamins and minerals, and here is what it contains in 100 g of avocado without other additions of essential nutrients, according to the US Department of Agriculture
|Avocado nutrients||Nutritional value of avocado||Unit|| % satisfy a need|
|Calories in avocado||160||Calories||8%|
Nutritional value of avocado per 100 grams
Health benefits of avocado
It is not surprising to see that avocado has many health benefits, as it contains a high percentage of antioxidants and many nutrients that are important for a healthy body. some of which are rare in the modern diet, We mention the following among these benefits
- Helps lose weight or gain weight, how! It depends on the amount you eat, as every 100 g of avocado provides us with about 160 calories. As it is part of a healthy weight loss diet, Because it reduces the desire to eat for many hours after eating it
- In addition to being rich in beneficial fats and calories, including it within a high-calorie system as a healthy choice of fat rations is effective in increasing weight, and therefore it is possible to eat an amount commensurate with the needs of the body, i.e. eating the calculated portions in a proper way, whether to gain or lose weight.
- It promotes heart health and protects it from coronary heart disease and vascular diseases due to the fact that avocados contain unsaturated and monounsaturated fats. such as omega 3 and omega 6, Which has a major role in lowering harmful LDL cholesterol levels and raising the good.
- It is considered a rich source of healthy beneficial unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. Each 100 gm of it contains approximately 9.8 gm of monounsaturated fats and 110 mg of omega-3.
- It is a source of potassium and has a very important role in maintaining fluid balance in the body and controlling blood pressure
- The fatty acids that avocado contains help moisturize the skin and give it freshness. It also helps in combating signs of aging and wrinkles. protect the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, In addition to the presence of vitamin C, an antioxidant that is important for protecting cells and an essential part of the process of building collagen and thus improving the complexion.
- It has a role in boosting immunity and fighting infections. It reduces symptoms of arthritis and is very rich in fibrates.
- It is worth noting that avocado is the ideal food for pregnant women, children, the elderly, and everyone who seeks to boost their immunity and health.
- Its ability to improve diabetes, because it has little effect on blood sugar.
- It is rich in many chemicals related to the fight against cancer and its growth.
- Improve diet quality and reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome.
Are there risks to eating avocados?
Avocados are safe to eat and do not cause health problems. But it may cause problems in people with allergies or Irritable Bowel Syndrome
However, an avocado allergy is rare. While people who are allergic to latex may be allergic to some fruits, Such as avocados, bananas or kiwis known as latex fruit syndrome
For people with irritable bowel syndrome, eating foods that contain FODMAPs may have negative effects on their digestion. Which leads to gas, cramps, bloating, stomach pain, diarrhea or constipation
As we mentioned earlier, these cases are considered rare, and if you did not experience any of these symptoms when eating avocados, then you are lucky.
Calories in avocado
The number of calories in an avocado varies according to the size of the bean, the amount eaten, and the nutrient data of the US Department of Agriculture. There are 322 calories in a large avocado (200 g), while ⅕ of an avocado contains 50 calories (4.5 g) of fat. As for ½ medium-sized avocado, it contains 130 calories and 12 grams of fat. Finally, one large whole avocado contains between 250 and 322 calories and 23 grams of fat.
Price of an avocado per tablespoon
Adding a thin layer of avocado to a sandwich of toast, Like guacamole sauce, it is possible to consume about 30 g or 2 tablespoons of fruit, and there are 25 calories per tablespoon of guacamole. This means an additional 50 calories
In general, One serving of 2 scoops of guacamole contains 50 calories, 4.5g of fat (2.5g of saturated fat), 240mg of sodium, 3g of carbohydrates and 1g of protein.
- It contributes to a feeling of satiety for a long time, because it contains dietary fibers that help reduce eating a lot of foods per day.
- Avocados contain healthy protein, one of the benefits of which is slow digestion, which contributes to regulating the metabolism process, which increases the chances of controlling hunger and increases the chance of losing weight.
- The healthy carbohydrates that avocados contain give the body many benefits, including enhancing the fat burning process as a result of increasing the regulation of the body’s metabolism.
Selecting and storing avocados
It is recommended to choose an avocado that is dark in color but consistent. All you have to do is take it in the palm of your hand and press it gently. If the avocado has a somewhat soft texture, then it is ready to eat. Ripe avocados can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
If you eat avocados in very limited quantities, a tablespoon at a time, use smart storage tips to preserve them. What many chefs do is add lemon juice to their fruit so they can save the rest for later.
A recipe for preparing healthy avocados for weight loss
Adding avocado slices on whole wheat toast allows you to eliminate butter or mayonnaise, which in turn are high in fat. Thus, avocado provides you with the required creamy and creamy texture
Or you can add avocado to a few scrambled or boiled eggs, and you will have a hearty meal that contains a high percentage of protein, saturated fats, and fiber that will help you lose weight.
Finally, we give you advice if you are counting your calories and fat intake, It is best to eat avocados in moderation
We remind you, dear reader, that adding avocado to your diet will make it a healthy, balanced system because it is a good source of many vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. So it has many benefits for the body.
You can also learn about the calories in avocado pulp