calories in watermelon, is almost non-existent, as the watermelon undoubtedly, Like all fruits, It is almost calorie free. This is something we will review in the next few lines.
Medical information says that watermelon contains more than 90 percent of its components from water. Therefore, it is very low in calories.
Where can the calories in watermelon reach, And in one slice of it, only 46 calories.
This is why this fruit serves as a healthy alternative to sugar-laden desserts.
Moreover, it is a refreshing remedy for many diseases. Thanks to the vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber that are present in it.
Calories in watermelon
According to the US Department of Agriculture, You can get 1360 calories in a whole watermelon.
which is almost impossible; Because there is simply no normal person capable of eating a whole watermelon on their own.
The US Department of Agriculture says, According to data from the National Food Center of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
A whole watermelon measuring 15 inches long and 7.5 inches in diameter contains 1,360 calories.
Even the calories in watermelon, Like any fruit, come mostly from carbohydrates, Which mainly consists of natural sugars such as sucrose, fructose and glucose.
These sugars give watermelon its sweet flavour. But if you overdo it, it may lead to an increase in the level of sugar in the blood because watermelon contains a high glycemic index.
Calories in a slice of watermelon
The calories in a slice of watermelon will not break your daily calorie limit.
Rather, it is the ideal meal for anyone who wants to do a diet or diet, as you can find in a medium slice only about 86 calories.
Hence, we can calculate the number of calories in watermelon in other ways. As you can get 46 calories in 1 cup of watermelon, which was cut into cubes.
We can find 30 calories in 100 grams of peelless watermelon. 71 calories in watermelon juice per 1 medium cup.
A 13-pound watermelon contains about 920 calories.
In order to burn that amount, you must run for no more than 105 minutes. and 255 minutes of walking, And 140 minutes of cycling or 77 minutes of swimming to round it out.
In general, it is one of the things that relieve your fears. Because it is a number that you can easily get rid of in a simple exercise that does not take much time. And with simple and common exercises.
For more nutritional values in watermelon, we leave you with the following nutritional card:
nutrients in watermelon
100 grams of watermelon
A sweet-tasting summer fruit that comes in the form of a circle or oval, its outer skin is green and its inner color is green
Watermelon, love, or watermelon, as it is called in some dialects
Health benefits of watermelon
Adding watermelon to your diet has beneficial health effects.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, 86 calories in a watermelon slice can provide up to the following percentages of vitamins and minerals:
- 25% of Vitamin C to fight infections and viruses, And protect you from premature aging and relieve sagging skin.
- 30 percent of Vitamin A for optimal eye health and boosting your immune system.
- 4 percent iron to help eliminate fatigue and treat anemia.
- 2% of the calcium to build and support strong bones.
- 8% of potassium to regulate blood pressure and maintain balanced water levels.
- 4 percent of the fiber to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Additional benefits of watermelon
Other than the calories in simple watermelon, this fruit provides many health benefits based on scientific evidence:
- Reduces cardiovascular disorders.
- Whereas, researchers in the EXCLI Journal of Experimental Clinical Sciences found that lycopene in watermelon (which produces the red color of the fruit) is effective in reducing several diseases.
- These diseases include coronary arteries, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Moreover, watermelon offers more lycopene than any other fruit or vegetable.
- Delays osteoporosis. According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Osteoporosis affects 24.5 percent of women age 65 and older.
- Eating watermelon can help combat this condition at an early age.
A study published in January 2016 indicates that the carotenoid beta-cryptoxanthin, It is abundant in watermelon.
something that may have a significant positive effect on your bones, Helping you to postpone osteoporosis.
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- As eating watermelon can lower insulin-like growth factor, It is a protein involved in cell division.
- Reduces inflammation and blood cholesterol.
- Watermelon may help improve inflammation and antioxidant capacity.
- Researchers found that the watermelon group showed significant reductions in total cholesterol and triglyceride levels, inflammation, and oxidative stress levels.
nutrients in watermelon
Watermelon contains more than 91% water. Moreover, it contains a good amount of natural sugar, which makes it a great choice to quench your thirst.
Some studies even indicate that it’s better for you to eat some watermelon than to drink water or other sports drinks.
This is especially when you are extremely thirsty or working out.
apart from the water, It contains a lot of dietary fiber, which makes it filling.
It also provides some great nutritional benefits including 20% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, and 17% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C.
Lycopene (an antioxidant that protects against diseases such as cancer and heart disease) and potassium, which regulates increased blood pressure.
It also contains important essential rehydration salts including potassium, calcium, sodium and magnesium.
Watermelon weight loss
The recommended caloric intake for adults is between 1,800 and 3,200 calories per day.
It largely depends on gender, age and activity level.
It is a number that can be easily obtained from a number of diets that are common in our diet.
But with watermelon, it’s very different. Where watermelon gives you a very small number of calories.
And the calories in simple watermelon can greatly help you in losing extra pounds.
Therefore, nutrition experts advise the need to eat constantly, And put it high in your diet.
It is enough that thanks to its nutritional components, it makes you able to feel full in a shorter period. With fewer calories, You get the full nutritional benefits.
From this point of view, you can eat watermelon instead of chocolate cake for dessert, or instead of the sweet pie that you eat every day.
The bottom line is in the calories in watermelon
Watermelon is an excellent fruit and the calories in watermelon are very simple, which helps you; To maintain your body’s energy without causing harm to the recommended number of calories.
Moreover, it tastes satisfying and refreshing and is full of natural minerals, nutrients and vitamins.
It may be best to eat it whole, as making juice can increase the amount of sugar and calories. This goes against your original goals of reducing your caloric intake.
- Calories in Strawberries
- Calories in dates
- Calories in frozen potatoes
- Dari avocado calories
- Calories in green soybeans