You will be shocked if you find out that Pillsbury is an ultra-fragile strawberry-flavored cake mix that has 1280 calories?!!
But this number of calories are present in the entire carton, which is 350 grams, after baking. Once the cake is level, you will cut it into 10 equal pieces to reduce calories.
And the calories in a Pillsbury Strawberry Cake will be 128 calories?
And if you notice what is written on the package that it is without artificial colors ☺ but in return you will get that it has an artificial flavor added to it, which is the artificial strawberry flavor?
I mean, they put the color of the red beetroot in order to make you think that it was because of the strawberries, and they also added an artificial flavor to the strawberry, and I wish they had added strawberry pieces, but unfortunately.
You know why the product is cheap!! Its price in the market is 10 Saudi riyals and sometimes they make an offer for 8 Saudi riyals, I mean, if you divide the entire quantity into 10 pieces, the cost of the cake will be for you only one riyal!! Without the cost of eggs and oil.
I’ll leave you now with the nutritional facts of Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix
Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix 350gm
Pillsbury super crisp cake mix with strawberry flavor, easy to prepare, just add water, eggs and oil
Ingredients for Pillsbury Cake Mix, Artificial Strawberry Flavor
- Wheat flour
- Sodium bicarbonate E541 II (raising agent)
- Sodium Aluminum Phosphate E541 (raising agent)
- Corn Starch
- folic acid
- Palm oil (vegetable fat)
- Sunflower oil (vegetable fat)
- Propane 1,2-diol esters of fatty acids E477 (emulsified from palm oil)
- Fatty acid mono- and diglycerides E471 (emulsifier of rapeseed oil and palm oil)
- Ascorbyl Palmitate E304 (Antioxidant)
- Calcium Phosphate E 341 (raising agent)
- Modified corn starch
- Beetroot Powder E162 (Color)
- artificial strawberry flavor
- Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose E466 (Stabilizer)
- Citric Acid E330 (Acidity Regulator)
How to make Pillsbury Cake with artificial strawberry flavor
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Grease the mold (metal or glass) with a sufficient amount of fat or butter, then sprinkle a little flour
- Mix together the cake mix 50ml of vegetable oil, 165ml of water and 2 medium eggs in a large bowl on low speed until the mixture is soft. Then beat for two minutes at medium speed, then pour the mixture into the mold
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in the center or a toothpick inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the mold for 15 minutes, then remove it from the mold. Let it cool completely on a cooling rack, then decorate and store, lightly covered
- Pillsbury Super Crisp Cake Mix with Strawberry Flavor made by Seville Products Limited (L.L.C) – (Branch).
- Country of Origin United Arab Emirates Limited.
- Without artificial colours.
- Pillsbury Super Crisp Cake Mix Strawberry Flavor contains artificial strawberry flavor.
you may be interested number Calories for strawberry-containing products or Betty Crocker Strawberry Cake